Monday, January 19, 2009

YUCKY Mosaic


Happy Monday! I wasn't sure whether to post this or not because I don't like how it turned out ... but it took ages so I'll go ahead! Today's TLC on Splitcoast was to make a mosaic card. It's quite simple, you cover a piece of cardstock with sticky strip and peel back the liner, then you stick down random pieces of paper and pour embossing powder over the whole thing. I spent hours and hours cutting and trimming my paper but it appears that the gaps in between the paper weren't quite wide enough for the embossing powder to cling to ... hence this messy background of uneven embossing! Yuk. Anyway, it's good to show you stuff that doesn't work sometimes!!!

Recipe
Stamps : Love you Much
Cardstock : Pink Pirouette, Not Quite Navy, Bella Rose DP
Ink : NQN
Accessories : Sticky Strip and Embossing Powder

2 comments:

MY Inky Fingers said...

You did a great job! I like the mosaic with the added sparkle!

Kim said...

I think it turned out GREAT!!!!

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself.