Monday, January 26, 2009

House Mouse & Gruffies


Today's TLC on Splitcoast was to use pleats in our cards. I was a little stumped so I just did a basic folded pleat and secured it at each end ... problem! How to attach the image to the pleats? Tombow Mono Adhesive is working (so far) but we'll have to see if it'll stand up to the test of time!!! This one's for my friend Pegg (twinwillowsfarm) who raises her own sheep ... it's so bitterly cold in Northern Michigan that I thought she'd appreciate this! Here's a close-up:
Recipe
Stamps : Gruffies Wool sew for Friends
Cardstock : Whisper White, Perfect Plum, Almost Amethyst DSP
Ink : Memento Rich Cocoa
Acccessories : Copic Markers
____________________________________________________________
Sometimes we are just blown away by our friends ... like me! A few weeks ago I drove down to help out my friend Michele (myoos913) who'd had a flood in her basement. We had a lot of fun and we did a little bit of work too ... then this w/end I got a HouseMouse parcel with a stamp inside and a message from Michele saying how much she appreciated my friendship ... how sweet is that?! So last night I made her a thank you card and here it is:

All my friends know I'm obsessed with Tea ... Yorkshire Tea to be exact ... so she got me a teapot stamp ... I LOVE IT! Thanks so much Michele! It's on its way!
Recipe
Stamps : House Mouse 'Chamomile Tea'
Ink : Memento Rich Cocoa
Cardstock : Whisper White, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum
Accessories : PTI Ribbon, Copic Markers

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it.

Julia Aston said...

I love both of your cards Emma! super coloring on both sweet images - and fun use of the folded paper for the challenge!

LeAnne said...

Oh, that House Mouse sewing/pleated card is too cute! Love it! I will have to try out this challenge--pleats were never my thing in 4H, maybe I can do better with paper!
LeAnne

MY Inky Fingers said...

That's the card Emma made just for me! She's simply awesome, isn't she? I'm so lucky to have such a great RSF!

MY Inky Fingers said...

Pegg's card is awesome, too! I love the folds! Great job as always!

Unknown said...

This really is beautiful, you created a work of art! I hope you are doing the swap for the mingle, because I really want one of your cards, it doesn't matter what you do, I always love your work.