Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY 2009

Happy New Year Everyone! Funny story for you {{mum will be mortified!!!}}. About 6.30pm our phone rang and I picked it up to the sound of music and singing ... my mum & dad are over in the Channel Islands with my sister and her family so it was about 11.30pm their time. Well, let's just say that the singing was so loud that mum couldn't hear me ... and she was concentrating very hard annunciating her words!!! I think that they were all 'very merry' ... let's put it that way! LOL! My brother-in-law plays the accordian (or squeeze box) and it was sooooo loud! My dad was heartily singing away ~ I wish I'd been there ... maybe next time.


Anyway, enough of that ... onto the stamping stuff!!! Today's challenge is a great one ... to use silver on your design somewhere (SCS WT199). I used shimmer white cardstock and embossed the frame in silver, I also added silver ribbon for a very simple but elegant card.
Recipe
Stamps : Frames with a Flourish, Thank You Kindly, Bella Toile (b/g stamp)
Cardstock : Shimmer White, Riding Hood Red
Ink : Riding Hood Red, Versamark
Accessories : Silver Embossing Powder, Silver Ribbon (PTI)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very pretty card!!Elegant! Thanks for sharing!