Monday, January 12, 2009

Origami Box

So, picture the scene, I have a to do list as long as my arm ... but, I think to myself, I'll just do Monday's TLC and THEN get to my list! .... OK, that was at 8.30am and now it's 12.00!!!! Aarghhhh! Lynn gave us a challenge and a half ~ it's an origami fold box with a cover made of chipboard, sounded easy enough ... famous last words! Anyway, it's done and I have the afternoon free now to do my jobs, right?!!! Oh, and mummy ... (she's my avid blog follower!) ... don't get excited, I know your name starts with an 'S' but this is actually for auntie Sallie!!!! Sorry!!

All the directions for the challenge can be found here. Just to save you some time, the origami fold diagram is really easy ... but make sure when you fold diagram 2, you leave the corners folded in before you move to diagram 3 ... then on diagram 4 you fold everything back out again!!! Took me over an hour to work that one out!!!

I used Haiku DSP for the box and the lid was made using the backing card which comes with our Designer Papers. Just be careful when you glue the paper to the front and back of the card, try to glue it with the sheet of paper in its folded position, if you glue it lying flat, then when you fold it, the paper doesn't want to fold with the card. You'll see what I mean if you make it!

The only difference from the challenge project is, I made a belly band for mine instead of using ribbon. I just liked the way it looked!

Recipe
Cardstock : Haiku DP, Choc Chip
Accessories : Nestabilities Labels 1 Die, Big Shot, Serif Alpha, Prima Flowers, Button, Thread

3 comments:

Kim said...

Great looking box. Not sure if I could do it, although I have a scor-pal so maybe I'll give it a try.

LeAnne said...

So pretty, Emma! I know EXACTLY what you mean about when your day gets away from you! My nights do that too!
LeAnne

Joan Ervin said...

Your box turned out sooo beautiful, Emma...I love the colors and papers you used...sooo elegant!!!