Wednesday, January 21, 2009

H&M Sketch

I love Wednesdays because it's the sketch challenge over on SCS. Today's stumped me a little ... I couldn't get inspired to find just the right image for the tall skinny panel ~ then I remembered one of my H&M sets which had an old fashioned lamp-post ~ perfect! The set is from H&M Stamps and can be found here ... it's called Old English Accessories. It pairs up with another great set Old English which I'll use tomorrow.

I kept it super-simple, the large panel just had the fence stamped onto it, then I layered the tall skinny panel over the top of it, and just coloured that portion. I really wanted the lamp to be the focal point. I printed out the sentiment onto Vellum cardstock and tore the edges, then plonked a prima flower down ... easy peasy!
Recipe
Stamps : Old English Accessories (H&M Stamps)
Cardstock : Very Vanilla, Kiwi Kiss, Vellum
Ink : Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories : Copics, Primas, SU Brad

4 comments:

Pony said...

Emma, this is a great layout & I really like the flower. It adds some character.

MY Inky Fingers said...

Lovely layout. I love the white base with a touch of green. The flower is a really nice touch.

Kim said...

Now that reminds me of "jolly old England".

Beautiful!!!

Laura said...

This turned out cute. I like how the fence goes all the way across.