Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A 'Re-Do' and a Sketch!

This card is for my great friend, Elaine. She's one of those people you would choose to be your family, and I'm proud to call her my friend. Elaine was diagnosed with Breast Cancer last Summer and she's been through the Mill and back with harrowing Chemotherapy and now Radiation treatment ~ but through it all she's slapped a big old grin on her face, laughed and joked and inspired everyone around her to make the best of what's been dealt them, because if she can get through this, then it really doesn't matter if the dog peed on the carpet, or the supper was over-cooked.

I'm so happy to say that on Monday ALL of Elaine's cancer treatments will be OVER! We're going out to celebrate on Friday, and I wanted to mark the occasion with a card. What better set than the Breast Cancer set "Strength & Hope" exclusive to Stampin' Up?

I started off making this card all shabby and vintagey ~ well, there are 2 important elements to this set, firstly, the "H" has the word Hope underneath it, and secondly the background is full of inspirational words. So when I made the vintage style card, the words were lost in amongst the distressing and sponging. So I made a 2nd, cleaner card which I like much better. HOPE stands out much more as do the inspirational words. See the difference? The cleaner, fresher one is at the top of this post, and the vintage one is below.

Recipe
Stamps : Strength & Hope
Cardstock : Shimmery White, Blushing Bride (or Naturals Ivory for the vintage one)
Ink : Blushing Bride
Accessories : 1/2 Crystals, Circle Punches

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love them both Emma! I cant choose so dont make me!LOL
TFS
And hugs to Elaine!

Robin said...

What a great reason to celebrate! She is going to treasure this card, and what it represents.

I vote for CAS also, but that is what I like :)

Thanks for sharing!

Micki said...

Gorgeous & Congrats to Elaine!

Unknown said...

These both turned out very nice. I'm sure it will mean so much to your friend. Gorgeous card! Have fun celebrating ;)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card, and what an extra-special reason to give it. Both are beautiful, Emma!