Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rock N Roll

So yesterday's CAS challenge on Splitcoast was to make a CAS card (clean & simple) using the 'rock n' roll' technique. Rock n' roll is when you ink up your image in the light colour and then re-ink it with a darker shade but you roll the stamp so only the edges get inked ... like this ...

I also used today's Colour Challenge colours of Old Olive, Only Orange and Summer Sun ~ such fun and fresh colours, they make me smile!
Recipe
Stamps : Papertrey Ink Anniversary set (2009)
Cardstock : Whisper White, Old Olive, Summer Sun, Only Orange
Ink : Only Orange, Summer Sun
Accessories : SU grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, stickles (centre of flower)

3 comments:

Molly B said...

Very cool! I have wanted to use that stamp since I got it. Now I need to try this. TFS. -Molly B

Unknown said...

I love your clean ans simple cards! I just cant bring myself to make these! I just dont know how to do it, I just keep adding things and then they arent clean and simple anymore!lol
Please check out my blog for something special!

Kim said...

Great looking card! You do such beautiful work!

I can only learn from you.