Monday, May 4, 2009

Embossing Resist

Lynn gave us a quick lesson on how to do embossing resist this morning for Monday's TLC over on Splitcoast. Here's a short version : run a piece of wax paper in an embossing folder through your machine. Make a sandwich using 2 pieces of glossy cardstock (glossy towards the wax paper) and the wax paper as the filling! Iron gently on a non-steam setting. Brayer your ink over the glossy paper, wipe with a cloth and hey presto!

I used my new Sizzix Spring Flowers Textured Impressions Embossing Folder ... it turned out really nicely so I'll be doing this one again!

Recipe
Stamps : Schoolbook Serif Alpha, Fundamental Phrases
Cardstock : WW, RHRed
Ink : RHRed, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories : Big Shot, Spring Flowers Sizzix Embossing Folder, Dew Drops, SU Lg Oval and Word Window Punches, Stamp-a-Majig

1 comment:

Lynn Mercurio said...

You did a tremendous job with the technique today. I love how cheerful and happy this card makes me feel. Awesome job.