Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer Theme

Today, the splitcoast challenge is to make a summer themed card. Easy for me! I love this image from My Favorite Things called 'By the Seashore'. I decided to keep it very simple (Friday is the 'limited supply' challenge so you have to keep everything to a minimum). The parameters were to keep it summer themed, 3 layers or less, limited embellishments and NO patterned paper. Here's what I did:
Card base is PTI's White, 4 1/4" square. Then I stamped my background in Cool Caribbean with PTI's Polka Dot Basics. The image was stamped on PTI White and was layered with Cool Caribbean using the Nestabilities Circle Dies. My Lady was stamped with palette Burnt Umber ink and coloured with Copic Markers. I wanted her to have a patterned hat, but no DP allowed for this challenge so I stamped some more PTI dots onto Barely Banana and cut it out and popped it on her head! The finishing touch is a Cuttlebug tag with the sentiment stamped on it. I pulled the edges across my Cool Caribbean ink pad for some definition and attached it to the card with a pretty BoBunny brad.
This one's going to my sister. She lives in Jersey, Channel Islands which is a BEAUTIFUL island where we used to spend our summers as children. She's lucky enough to live up on the top of some cliffs in St Ouen with a view of the ocean ... probably a 100% opposite of the Metro Detroit Suburbs (LOL)!!! Anyway, I miss you Big Sis so this is coming to you!

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Love this! The colors are great, your sister will love it!
LeAnne