Tuesday, June 17, 2008

This morning was thrilling for me and my daughter Sarah ... my parents hooked up their computer with a web-cam so for the first time in ages I SAW THEM! Honestly, we giggled like little children! It's so silly that such an innocuous device can bring such a thrill! We got our web-cam on Sunday and dad's arrived today so we enjoyed our first hook-up. Fantastic! Dad thinks that mum and I are going to sit in front of the computer all day drinking tea, gossiping and chatting with each other ~ now all we need is my big sister to join in and it'll be a gabfest!
It made the excitement of seeing them even more bittersweet as a dear friend lost her father to cancer yesterday. She flew home to England last night to be with her family. I wanted to make a card for her and decided to use a quote from 'Define Your Life', the caption is 'memories' and reads 'Recollection of the past; retaining and recalling experiences. Thoughts of good times past.' I hope that it brings some comfort to her to know how much her English friends here in Amercia think of her.
The colour challenge over on Splitcoast is CC171 and calls for Soft Sky, Basic Black and Kraft. I made the card 4.25" square. The white centre is 2.5" square with the alternating coloured layers measuring 1/8" each larger to get a graduated effect. I thought this worked really well for a simple card for Cath.

Recipe:
Stamp Sets: SU Defining Alphabet, Define Your Life
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink's Stamper's Select White and Kraft, SU Soft Sky, Basic Black
Ink: SU Soft Sky
Accessories: Soft Sky Stitched Ribbon.


No comments: