Tuesday, June 24, 2008

An Inspiration Card

It was my birthday 2 weeks ago and my mum found me the most perfect pinny (that's what we call an apron in England!). It's totally gorgeous and just my style!!! I've been meaning to use it as an inspiration for a card but found time this morning to have a go.

Here's the pinny in the most gorgeous green and white polka dots. Notice the ivory band on the pocket? It's got tiny red, pink and blue flowers on it which are just so pretty. Here's the card I made ... The base is Ivory (newly released at PTI) with a layer of SU Green Galore. The green was stamped with PTI's Polka Dots in SU Craft White. The band was made with the same ivory card and stamped with various small flowers from PTI's Honey Bee set. The flowers were stamped in Bashful Blue, Real Red, Regal Rose and certainly celery. I added a piece of ribbon for interest and a scallop medallion with my mum's initial in it. I know you'll read this before the airmail reaches you mumsie ... this is your thank you card for finding something so 'me'.



2 comments:

Beverly said...

WOW! That apron is gorgeous and your inspired card is lovely!

LeAnne said...

CUTE, what a great inspiration piece!
LeAnne