Friday, June 1, 2012

Happiness to YOU Auntie Sal

Here's this week's Clean & Simple layout. Isn't it great? I wanted to make a card for a special lady, Auntie Sal. She's my dad's baby sister and I was born a few hours after her 20th birthday. So close to having the same birthday!!! If I HAD arrived on her birthday, it would have been 6/6/66. Yikes! Anyway, I'm so proud of Auntie Sal, she's had a rough couple of years and has come through it SHINING. I will be seeing her when I go home in June and I can't wait to give her a big squeeze, Happy Birthday Auntie Sal. Love you!

Here's my card. The layout is pretty much identical to the sketch. I used the hearts embosslits with some of the patterns pack paper. Just a touch of baker's twine and some rhinestones so it's very Clean & Simple! Just how I like it! I jazzed it up a little with the polka dot embossing folder and added some interest by popping some of those hearts up. You can see better in the 2nd pic. 

Recipe
Stamps : Loving Thoughts
Cardstock : Shimmery White, Metallic Silver, Baja Breeze, Patterns Pack DSP
Ink : Baja Breeze
Accessories : Big Shot, Polka Dot EF, Fashionable Hearts embosslits, Baker's Twine, 1/2 Crystals, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

I AM LOVING all that dry embossing!!! Absolutely gorgeous papers, too! :) Fabulous!