Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mum's Birdie

My gorgeous sister put together a little stocking filled with yumminess for me for Christmas. In it were some Cath Kidston goodies (OK, if you don't know me, then you need to know that I am a MASSIVE CK fan, her stuff just reminds me of home ...). I also got this adorable lavender filled bird to hang in my closet. Hang in a closet? In the dark? Where it can't be seen? Nooooooo .... it's hanging on my Ott Lite on my desk and I look at it (and smell it) every day. So today I looked at it and thought I should try to make a paper version .....
... and as I'm fiddling around trying to make my 'Twitterpated' bird, I am constantly thinking about my Mum who is feeling VERY poorly with Shingles. She's had it for a number of weeks and is slowly, slowly, slowly improving but she's really been hit hard with it and I'm worried about her, and wishing I lived near her so I could pop in with this cute bird to cheer her up. BUT, I can post it, and it will be with her in about a week. Good enough mum? Wait until you see him, he's so much cuter in the flesh :) Here are close-ups ...


So when you receive him, Mum, know that those hearts he's holding in his beak are filled with love from me ~ and I hope you will be even more improved by then. Love you! And thanks to my lovely big sister, Sarah, for sending the lavender bird in the first place. I love you too!!!
Recipe
Stamps : Sentiment from Tea Shoppe
Ink : Soft Suede
Cardstock : Cherry Cobbler, Shimmery White & Twitterpated DSP
Accessories : Lots of Punches! Twitterpated Buttons, Twine, Dimensionals, Sponge

11 comments:

Debra said...

Oh my, fabulous!!! She is going to adore that bird! And what a thoughtful adorable gift of the potpourri sachet.

Anonymous said...

I still want to be you when I grow up!

Robin said...

*sniff*

What a fun birdie! Love her!

Lisa said...

This is spectacular...

Anonymous said...

Emma, this little bird is adorable! I'm sure your mum will love it!

MichelleG

Laura said...

Mercy! This is adorable. I bet it will bring your mum a lot of joy!

juniperbarn said...

So adorable, and so very you!! Love, love, love it!! Covet it!

Lorraine said...

How sweet! What a wonderful way to cheer her up.

Heide said...

SO Sweet!

Cindi said...

I must make one!

Kim said...

very sweet! this will be on my punch inspiration blog post today. TFS!