Thursday, October 9, 2008

Monogram


I love monogram cards! So I was very excited to see the 'Ways to Use It' challenge today on SCS was monograms! Hooray! I cracked open my new (well, new to me) alphabet set, Lovely Letters and came up with this!
There's a great tutorial on SCS showing you how to use your SU Scallop Punch to make a medallion (directions here). I had to have a go and combine it with my monogrammed E. So, I used Riding Hood Red cardstock and made the medallion, set it on it's points and layered up the monogram E using chocolate chip and naturals ivory. The card itself is 4.25" x 4.25" (I think the medallion looked best on a square). The only extra is the vellum sheet, cut 4" square to just lift the card, it was a little dreary without anything behind the medallion, and patterned paper was too fussy. A few half pearls for extra interest, and a monogram is born!

Recipe
Stamps : SU Lovely Letters
Cardstock : SU Naturals Ivory, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Green Vellum
Ink : Riding Hood Red
Accessories : Scallop Punch, 1.24" square punch, 1 3/8" punch, half pearls

No comments: