Monday, March 31, 2008

Paper Tole Technique


Good Morning! Today's Technique Lover's Challenge (TLC) over on Splitcoast Stampers is to make a card using a technique called Paper Tole. Basically paper tole is the art of layering images to create dimension. I decided to use my Birthday set from My Favourite Things. I stamped the image 3 times, coloured the base image and the remaining 2, cut out the lady and her right arm only, and the cake. Then I layered the dress & arm over the base with SU mini glue dots. Next I layered the cake twice in the same way. I didn't layer the candles because they're way too small and way too fiddly! LOL! I also made the sentiment with my SU 2 oval shape punches and added a little ribbon.
Recipe:
Stamps: MFT You Take the Cake, PTI Mixed Messages
C/Stock: PTI Stamper's Select White & Berry Sorbet, SU Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Copic Sketch Markers, SU Oval Punches, Organdy Ribbon, SU Mini Glue Dots

1 comment:

MY Inky Fingers said...

I love this card! You are SO darn talented!