Sunday, March 23, 2008

ENGAGEMENT



So the big news of the Easter weekend for my family is that my cousin Kate got engaged on Good Friday ... everyone's so excited! I decided to make Kate and Matthew a stationary set with little monogrammed notecards to use. Nichole Heady over at Papertrey Ink sells some cute little heart shaped tins and Amy Rysavy at http://www.prairiepaperandink.typepad.com/ made a gorgeous set of notecards to go in hers. I decided to CASE Amy's and I came up with this.


Recipe

Papertrey Ink Heart Shaped Tin
SU DSP Afternoon Tea
SU Double Stitched Ribbon, Soft Sky
SU flower punches and Primas
5"x3" notecards in PTI's white c/stock
Stamps by PTI, initials, Ambassador and frame, Borders & Corners Square

I also made a congratulations card for Kate and Matthew. I made it square using PTI's white c/stock along with SU's Mellow Moss and SU's ring from 'Fairytale Wedding'. I used SU's coordinating circle punches along with SU's Scallop punch and a strip of ribbon. Easy Peasy! Dazzling Diamonds made the ring come to life! CONGRATULATIONS KATE

4 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This turned out beautiful! What a wonderful and thoughtful gift! I really want to try one of these! Thanks so much for sharing! :D

Anonymous said...

I adore the ring card you made! I would love to know where to purchase the items you used to make these! Please let me know!

Emma Fewkes said...

Hi msnrossman. The details for the engagement ring card are as follows:

Ring Stamp set from SU's retired set 'Fairytale Wedding' (can be purchased on ebay)
The card is 4.25" square, with a layer of Mellow Moss cut at 4" square, another square of white card cut at 3.75" ... then I made the ring with dazzling diamonds glitter (SU) punched out with a 1 1/4" circle punch, that's layered onto a 1 3/8" piece of Barely Banana cardstock which is mounted on a scallop circle punched out of Mellow Moss. The Ribbon is from Michaels.

Anonymous said...

i would like to see some fabulous engagement cards...
Plastic Business Cards
membership card printing