Sunday, January 25, 2015

Cheerful Critters

I have ordered a few things from the new Stampin' Up Occasions Catalog (which is packed full of goodness, by the way). One of my co-workers asked me to make a card for her 2 year old nephew so I immediately went to this set, Cheerful Critters. It's easy to use, ridiculously 'cute' (dare I say 'super cute'?). 

True to my style, I kept is extremely simple, just 2 layers of real red and lost lagoon, with a touch of ribbon. I really like how it turned out. The colouring was done with blender pens. The crumb cake blendabilities were just way too dark for his face, I really do need to practice with those!


This next card uses the same character from the set. This one is for a swap I participated in. It's also very CAS, the detail is in the watercolouring which was done with an aquapainter and re-inker. The ribbon and layering is done with Pear Pizzazz.



I'm not a demonstrator who begs for business .... but if you DO like these projects and would like to order this set, you can do so online here. Thank you :)

Recipe, Card 1
Stamp Set : Cheerful Critters, Memorable Moments (the '2')
Ink : Lost Lagoon, Real Red, StazOn Black
Cardstock : Shimmery White, Real Red, Lost Lagoon
Accessories : Lost Lagoon Ribbon, Blender Pens & Reinker

Recipe, Card 2
Stamp Set : Cheerful Critters
Ink : StazOn, Pear Pizzazz, Real Red
Cardstock : Shimmery White, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories : Circle Framelits, Pear Pizzazz 1/4" cotton ribbon, Aquapainter & Reinkers

No comments: