Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ice Skating

Think I'm finally getting the hang of this new editing software. Maybe a little too light? I need Sarah to give me a lesson when she gets home from school :)

I loved this image the moment I saw it in the Big Catalogue. Wow, my family know what I'm going to say .... we have some old movies (1950's) of my Mum & Dad, Auntie Sue and Uncle Robin skating on the Pond at Great Chilton Farm (where they were all born and brought up in County Durham). These skates are identical to the ones in the old movie. We had them as kids and I tried to get the colours the same. What do you think, mum? I wish I had a photo of mum & Dad in their early 20's skating ... maybe when they're home from their mini vacation, I'll ask mum to fish one out and I'll post it here.

Watercolouring with the 'lid ink' technique and an aquapainter. The close up is a bit scary, look at all the bits I missed! LOL. I wanted some glimmer, so the new Champagne cardstock did the trick and then finally, the technique today on SCS is to make a card featuring 'circles'. Yep, this is quite round!!!

Recipe
Stamps : Winter Memories, Bells & Boughs
Ink : River Rock, Black Stazon
Cardstock : Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Champagne Glitter Paper, Watercolour Paper
Accessories : Big Shot, Delicate Doilies Sizzlits, Circles #2 Die, Scallop Circle Die, Circle Scissor Plus (retired), Aquapainter, Ink (River Rock, Basic Gray, Soft Suede, Lucky Limeade, Garden Green)

4 comments:

Debra said...

This is gorgeous. I love the coloring.

LeAnne said...

Love this...and I am laughing about your "up close" version...I always see spots I missed too. No worries, it looks beautiful and I always say that watercoloring is SUPPOSED to look that way! You did a wonderful job!

Micki said...

LOVE this. I barely noticed any missing spots. :)

Stef Perry said...

Your card is so lovely, both rustic and glamorous. I think how you watercolored the skates is perfect for that medium - no mistakes as far as I can see!