Sunday, May 13, 2012

Katie's Birthday




It's my cousin Katie's birthday next week so I went looking for a couple of challenge blogs I could use as a starting place for her card. I found this sketch on the Clean & Simple stamping blog. I've only just starting using these wonderful crisp and clean sketches, they're fabulous for my style of cardmaking. Then I went over to the Simply Stampin' Challenge blog and chose to play along with this week's colour challenge. I used my new Apothecary Frames Framelit Die and the new 'Make a Cake' stamp set. Loving playing with new goodies this week!

Recipe
Stamps : Make a Cake, Curly Cute (sentiment), Distressed Dots (background)
Ink : Island Indigo, Real Red, Regal Rose
Cardstock : Shimmery White, Island Indigo
Accessories : Big Shot, Apothecary Labels Framelits, dimensionals, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Crystal Effects, 1/2 Crystal

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card! You have incorporated both challenges really well. The little heart with the rhinestone is so cute.

Thanks for joining us at Simply Stampin'.
Deb

Kirei said...

Fab card Emma, great take on the colour combo! Thanks for joining in with this week's Simply Stampin' Challenge! Kirei x

kelly said...

The layout was a perfect partnering for the colour combo! Loving the distressed polka dots!
Thanks for joining us this week at Simply Stampin
Kelly xx

Amanda Burditt said...

Ohh I'm liking those distressed polkadots and that label too!!! Lovely card! Thanks for joining in the SSC! xx

Ruth M said...

What a lovely birthday card, great take on both challenges! You've combined your new goodies perfectly!
Thanks so much for joining us at Simply Stampin' and I hope you play along with us again soon! Ruth x