Monday, March 28, 2011

A Fun Technique


Happy Monday! Today's technique is to make a card with a cut out edge. There are some lovely samples in the SCS gallery (search in the gallery against TLC318). I wanted mine for my friend Lorien's birthday ~ I decided on CAS and 'minimal'. I love how this turned out, not very 'fancy', but less is more, right?!

I stamped the tree from Valentine Defined close to the edge of the card, then just used my paper snips to trim around the tree and make the edge. Very simple to do, give it a try!

Recipe
Stamps : Valentine Defined, Fabulous Phrases
Cardstock : Shimmery White
Ink : SU Markers, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories : Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, 1/2 Pearl

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

This is super. So good to see that stamp used for other than Valentine's day - it's so pretty.

jimlynn said...

Just simply WOW!!!!!! LOVE IT.
Lynn

Lorien Clark said...

Hey there is my beautiful birthday card. Thanks!!!