Saturday, June 27, 2009

Baby Shower Goodies

We're going to a baby shower tomorrow! We don't have these in England so I'm looking forward to seeing it in action! It's a great idea, just get all your friends to buy everything you need for the baby ... why didn't we think of that? Brilliant!

Anyway, Roy and I talked to the parents-to-be about what they need and we decided on a gift card for Babies-R-Us which they can spend straight away, or wait for a few months when they need MORE stuff! Last month, Papertrey came out with the sweetest umbrella set which I thought would be perfect for a shower. I made a card, plus a slimline box to put a home-made gift card holder into. All jazzed up with liquid pearls and ribbon. I really like how it came out ... and you can't find THESE in Hallmark!

On the left is the card and on the right is the box which is tied up with the PTI ribbon. The gift card sits inside the box.

This is the box with the lid off. You can see the gift card holder lying inside the bottom of the box.

And last but not least, here's the gift card holder standing up in the box. Everything coordinates ~ the colours are Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush and the stamp set is called Scattered Showers by Dawn McVey. Gorgeous!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolutely adorable! When I have a Baby will you do my shower invitations? Bwahahahahaha

Michelle S. said...

I have this stamp set and love it! I really like what you did with them. I may have to CASE these for my SIL's baby shower invites. Hope you had fun at the baby shower!

LaurieF said...

Emma, both of your cards are absolutely too precious! TFS!

Kim said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I love the colors and all the little embellies on the card.

Great job!

Ann said...

Emma this is just the cutest baby shower card and how thoughtful! I left you a blog award on my blog - I hope you accept it!

Crystal said...

Super cute Emma!!!

MY Inky Fingers said...

Super duper cute! Great job as always!