Monday, April 21, 2008

SCS Technique Lover's Challenge


Today's TLC over on SCS was to make a gift card holder. The original idea came from Pinefeather, her post is here http://pinefeather.typepad.com/pine_is_here/2008/03/baby-gift-card.html
I used her directions exactly. I stuck the front and back together with a thin piece of sticky strip to make sure it would hold firmly in place! I also used the word window punch and the oval punch (both SU) to make the slot for the gift card.
My front white sheet was embossed with SU's Pick a Petal Classy Brass Template. Then I embossed a scalloped circle and punched it out with SU's Scallop Punch (I love how all SU's shapes and sizes interchange perfectly). I then stamped the sentiment with a stamp from the set 'Circle of Friendship' in soft sky and punched it out with the 1.25" SU circle punch. Both the inner circle and the scallop circle were popped up onto dimensionals (you can see them on the 2nd photo). I pierced the inner circle edge to add a little more interest and finished the whole thing off with a bow.
The inside was stamped with the same flower from the brass stencil, it's the flower in the stamp set Pick a Petal so it's identical to the embossed one. This really is a very easy and quick gift card holder .... I'm thinking at Christmas that the possibilities will be endless.

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

First of all, I love the name of your blog....what a hoot!
Second, this little holder is adorable--I love the color combo!
Third, I really like your other cards, too! I am glad I found your blog--keep up the good work!
LeAnne